AboveBoard Financial is a female-founded fintech startup on a mission to eradicate bad financial advice. We make it easy to get the right insurance by providing the smart, ethical advice that everyone deserves - check out our strong pro-consumer views on our very unusual blog.
Based in NYC and founded by alums of Goldman Sachs & Zynga, we’re backed by financial services executives and serial entrepreneurs, and loved by our customers (our NPS score is above 80, more than double the industry average).
We leverage technology to scour the market for the best life, disability, and long-term care insurance options for our customers, and win their loyalty with our unique focus on doing the right thing.
AboveBoard Insurance Services
Remote | Project-based / part-time to start, with opportunity for full-time role if mutually agreeable
Are you a scrappy growth marketer with expertise spanning SEO, paid digital marketing and content? Do you love identifying, testing and growing new channels? Have you held previous roles marketing a more complex product or service to consumers (ideally in industries where customers want to ramp up their knowledge level prior to making a decision)?
If this describes you, and you’d be excited to work with a fast-paced financial services startup with a focus on consumer protection and education, we’d love to hear from you!
We currently grow primarily through referrals and content (check out our blog). We're looking for a senior growth marketer to scale our marketing efforts to help more people learn about our unique offering.
AboveBoard is on a mission to deliver thoughtful, accurate & personalized financial advice.
Location and exact hours are flexible.
- Experienced in SEO, SEM and content marketing, ideally in roles that required you to perform across all three of those areas (Facebook platform experience is a requirement)
- A veteran of at least one digital marketing role at an early stage company - startup experience is a huge plus
- Highly proficient in testing different channels using a facts-based approach that’s mindful of budget and achieving strong ROI
- Results-driven, facts-based and analytical
- A clear, empathetic communicator who can develop effective messaging about more complex topics and products, either in a B2C or B2B context
- Self-driven and capable of working efficiently remotely; you take pride in achieving excellent results
- Excited to be part of a fast-paced and high-functioning team
- A team player who takes ownership of your work
- Develop strategies for allocating marketing budget to test various channels and messages
- Write / edit marketing copy to identify the messages that best communicate our offering to our target clients
- Work with co-founders to jointly develop material you feel you’d need to be successful in your role
- Work with two fabulous female co-founders (including one Wellesley alum and one UC Berkeley alum)
The goal of the compensation package is to align our incentives. We want you to feel that we are committed to working with you to achieve outstanding results, and we want to feel that you are aligned with us in optimizing for growth rather than the number of hours logged. This will likely take the form of being allocated a spending budget, being paid a baseline amount to get the campaigns up and running, with additional compensation for generating qualified leads.Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com